As our technologies rapidly advance, each new generation of computers and internet broadbands are becoming much more powerful than the one before. These enable us to be more efficient as we work, especially the working professionals.
As a labor force serving a variety of industries, we should recognize that we are living in an era of revolutionary changes. On the one hand, with powerful laptop and internet connections, we can work wherever and whenever we can be the most effective. On the other hand, employers can now select from a larger pool of talented contributors because their employees can work for them remotely.
Here are just a few benefits this remote labor revolution brings to both sides:
For employees and self-employed professionals who provide intellectual services:
- We save time and money by not driving to work each day.
- We can work when and where we can be most efficient and effective.
- We can benefit from flexible work hours and locations when we have young children or relatives who need our care and attention.
For businesses and organizations:
- They now have a larger and more diverse pool of talent to select from when recruiting.
- They can collaborate easily from within and outside their physical location, and globally.
- They can reduce overhead costs by minimizing office space and utilities required for on-site employees.
Because of this revolution in the labor market, many companies and organizations are making their recruiting more attractive by adding an option for employees to work from home, or at least a couple days a week. To some extent, this situation can solve the employees’ concern for finding affordable housing near the company’s offices. It can also reduce the stress of rush hour traffic and convert that wasted time into productive work time, freeing up more time for family, exercise and learning.
Since most workers in the service-industry labor force use laptop computers daily, LaptopWork.com is the place where we can share insightful information about how to work smarter and become more productive. Here, you will learn the best practices from professionals who work from home, from successful startups who operate out of a co-working office, and from seasoned entrepreneurs who like to mentor, coach and share with others, and more.
Our goal is to provide helpful content for those who want to make the most of their time and technology. If you like our mission, please share our content with others on your social media pages. Thank you very much!